It is always a dream to have long, shiny and luscious hair, however with the effects of dust, dirt, sun damage and pollution, our hair tends to get dry and dull over time, causing it to look dull, unmanageable and frizzy and devoid of the shine that is a trademark of healthy hair.
Related: How to get silky hair overnight
However, people often don’t realize that you can pretty easily fix the issue. With some simple ingredients that you can find in your own home, you too can get silky, soft and smooth hair that puts you in the spotlight.
- Aloe Vera
- 1 Aloe Vera Leaf
- 2 tablespoon Water
- 1 spray bottle
- Slice one aloe vera leaf in half, vertically and use a spoon to extract two tablespoon of the clear gel without touching the yellow part of the gel.
- In a blender, blend the gel to get a very smooth consistency and add two tablespoons of gel and mix it well.
- Pour it into a spray bottle and shake it up well.
- Wash your hair and dry it completely. Spray the hair with the solution and leave on till it dries completely.
Use this remedy 3-4 times every week for best results.
How does it work?
Aloe vera is very rich in proteolytic enzymes which are an active ingredient that can help in repairing damaged scalp cells and can help improve hair growth by boosting the health of the hair follicles. The gel can also help in hydrating your hair and conditioning it to keep it frizz free and help it stay smoother for longer.
- Hot Oil Massage with Coconut Oil/Olive/Jojoba Oil
- 2-3 tablespoon Coconut/Olive/Jojoba Oil
- A hot towel
- In a bowl take 2-3tbsp of your preferred oil and heat it over a stove for a few seconds till it is slightly warm.
- Massage this warm oil into the scalp and help work it throughout the length of the hair for 15 minutes and let it seep in for an extra 30 minutes.
- Cover the hair up with hot towels and wash it off with a mild shampoo and finish off with a good conditioner.
- Use the mask twice weekly for best results.
Why does this work?
Having a hot oil massage for your scalp can help in stimulate the follicles of your hair and can help boost hair growth. It is an amazing deep conditioning treatment that can help combat issues with dandruff and itchy scalp. It can also help with nourishing the strands with the rich content of triglyceride. It can also penetrate the strands of your hair and moisturize from within. Olive oil can also help provide fatty acids, vitamin E and antioxidants to condition the hair and prevents damage. Jojoba oil has a similar effect on the hair.
- 1 free-range organic egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Shower Cap
- Whisk all the ingredients together to get a smooth mixture.
- Apply the mask on the hair and scalp.
- Once the scalp and hair is coated completely, let it sit for half an hour.
- Cover up the hair with a shower cap and wash off with cool water and a mild shampoo, follow up with conditioner.
- Use the mask 1-2 times weekly for best results.
How does it work?
Eggs are incredibly rich in protein. It can help you get amazing nourishment and can help provide shine and improves the texture of the hair. It is also incredible in repairing the damage done to your hair and can add a lot of life to the dull hair. Using the mask regularly and can help ensure that the hair is strengthened and conditioned to make it more manageable.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup of Water
- Dilute the vinegar with the water and set it aside in a jug.
- Wash off the hair with the help of a mild shampoo that is mild and sulfate-free and condition your hair.
- Pour the mixture through the hair to rinse the shampoo off.
- Use this remedy once every week for best results.
How does this help?
Apple cider vinegar can help in removing oil, dirt, buildup and grime from the hair and deep cleanses your hair without using any harsh chemical and can help it feel silky and soft.