Overalls, dungarees and party bibs are types of garments, which are usually used as protective clothing when working. Some people call an overall a “pair of overalls” by analogy with “pair of trousers”. Overalls for men are usually made with the best denim materials. Sometimes, they’re worn with no shirt at all by children, teen boys and men in warmer weather.
Who Says Uniforms and Workwear Can’t Be Fashionable?
A company’s uniforms and workwear help employees feel part of a team, protect the workers from possible harm and even promote your fashion lifestyle. You might worry that you’ll look unfashionable in this type of clothing, but you don’t need to think this way with today’s assortment of work clothing. The current range of trendy workwear and uniforms vary from long-sleeve, short-sleeve, armless and even fashionable aprons for men.
Benefits of Overalls and Coveralls
Recognizing that overalls and coveralls for men have many features can be of great value and benefit. In fact, not only are they beneficial, but also coveralls and overalls are very fashionable. They come in a wide variety of styles to choose from that’ll fit your individual needs.
- Protection Against the Elements: People who work outdoors wear overalls and coveralls to help protect them from nature. They provide protection from dirty and wet environments for many professions such as farmers, painters, fishermen and oil rig workers. When you get home, all you have to do is remove the overalls to discover that not a drop of paint or oil is on your clothing underneath.
- Extra Warmth: Coveralls and overalls are perfect for when the weather gets colder. They add an extra layer of warmth and offer protection against snow, rain and bitter winds. In addition, they come in a wide variety of fabric weights. In fact, some coveralls are specially lined to keep you extra warm in colder temperatures.
- Protects Your Body: Overalls for men are considered as safety gear for many types of professions because they almost cover the entire body.
- Visibility: Some jobs can be very dangerous and require you to wear clothing that is visible to prevent accidents. Visibility is a necessity for road workers, fisherman, hunters and trash collectors. Bright coveralls such as orange or red provide great visibility and extra safety measures.
- Fashion: Overalls offer the most fashion and style, taking you to different occasions and making you presentable before your colleagues.
How To Find The Right Overall Fit
Overalls for men are available in a variety of colors, fabrics and styles in men’s casual wear. If you pair them with a tee, crisp button-front shirt, or turtleneck sweater, you can wear them for any season. Overall straps are adjustable, so you can always get a perfect fit, whether you’re wearing a one-sided bib or the completely covered look. Although bib-overall sizing has some quirks corresponding to body type, some retailers provide waist and inseam measurements to use as a guideline.
The fit of your overalls can also be affected by fabric type. Soft denim and lightweight, twill-weave fabrics are more flexible and forgiving than heavy denim. In general, the size of most overalls is at least one size larger than your normal waist measurement and one size shorter than your typical inseam measurement. You also need to allow some extra room in case of shrinkage after washing.
Be realistic when you measure yourself, and don’t tighten the measuring tape so that it presses into your skin. Overalls for men must be large enough to fit your actual waist measurement. Work overalls are not designed to be form fitting, but are worn loose with convenient pockets and pouches. Designer overalls are more for your individual style. You’ll find them in cuts, like regular fit, relaxed fit and slim fit. When you know all your measurements, you’ll always select your right size by your favorite brand or overall style.